Sunday, November 9, 2014

Again, I Thank God That Kim Cam Does NOT Exist!

I work pretty hard all week and I don't make the best meals through the week. They're usually fast meals or crockpot meals, so on the weekends I try to prepare delicious, filled with love, homemade dishes. Today's disaster...roast chicken!

My poor chicken wasn't fully thawed when I tried to extract the bag of guts from its internal cavity. I thought running hot water into it would do the trick. It probably would have if Gene hadn't come along and yanked on the bag, tearing it and leaving the guts loose in the said internal cavity. I thought I would throw up! 

There are two dynamics here; one is my husband has no ability to mind his own business whether he knows what's going on or not and two is I detest any kind of raw meat preparation with bird gut extraction being at the top of the list.

As soon as I saw what he had done, I burst into tears! Completely uncalled for tears! The heart, liver, and all that other gross stuff was looking at me! What was I going to do? I did what every good woman would do. I declared his party foul and told him he has to take care of the guts. 

I stormed off hoping that when I returned, the job would be done.  And it was...I was left with the job of cleaning up the mess he made though. It may have been a good trade off. 

The chicken is now roasting in peace in the oven.

Thank goodness there's no Kim Cam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! I hope you're enjoying what you're reading.